Position posted: June 18, 2013
Number of positions available: 1
- To inspect all work areas and essential equipment on a regular basis, as part of an ongoing safety and fire protection program to ensure that; safety standards are maintained; work areas are clean and sanitary, and equipment is in safe working order.
- To know how to use and monitor specialized fire safety equipment, is aware of the location of fire extinguishers, call boxes, and emergency shut-offs.
- To participate in and complete all mandatory in-service education/training as required by the Residence and Provincial regulations.
- To be responsible for the selection, training, ongoing development and performance management of all Environmental Services staff in the Residence.
- To inspire and motivate staff, encouraging employee engagement.
- To plan and schedule work assignments for Department personnel and ensure that all tasks are performed efficiently and on time in accordance with established regulations, job descriptions, policies and procedures.
- To demonstrate a genuine empathy for seniors, as well as a strong desire and ability to provide the residents with a healthy, spirited lifestyle in retirement.
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity.
- To complete all other tasks as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience working in the area of Environmental services.
- Must have technical knowledge of building systems: basic plumbing, electrical, mechanical, HVAC and emergency systems.
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of maintenance.
- Demonstrated strengths in preventive maintenance, budgeting and costing, and quality control; loss prevention.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft office)
- Familiarity with ORCA (Ontario Retirement Communities Association) and the RHA (Retirement Homes Act) considered an asset.
Send resume and cover letter to Bill Kavouris, Corporate Manager Building Services and Procurement at:email@example.com
BECAUSE OF THE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS WE RECEIVE, APPLICATIONS TO MORE THAN TWO POSITIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AND RESULT IN DELETION OF ALL YOUR APPLICATIONS AND RESUMES. APPLICATIONS TO TWO OR MORE UNRELATED CAREERS WILL BE DELETED AUTOMATICALLY.
Legal: Please read carefully before submitting
- Postings are not to be construed as offers of employment.
- Tridel has no obligation to reply to inquiries or resume submissions. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Tridel is not responsible for loss or inability to send resumes via the Tridel website.
- Any career posting may be revised or withdrawn at any time without notice.